Saturday, July 02, 2011

My Way





We have reached Delta Junction, the end of the Alaska Highway. The monument is at mile 1422 and there is a visitor center and our first Alaska gift shop. Later we stopped at Rika's Road House for lunch and I met Sarah Palin (in cardboard) at their gift shop. They also had Palin pocket knives and note pads. I can't wait to see more merchandise with her picture and she gets a royalty from each piece. They have some funky looking chickens and roosters here and beautiful flowers too.
Now this is called "My Way" because I am a fan of Frank Sinatra. A few days ago I put a CD of Frank singing in our player and enjoyed listening to it. Now to our horror, we cannot get it to eject. Every time we turn on the radio, we hear Frank and frankly, we're getting real sick of him. Jeff has tried everything short of dismantling the radio and he's still singing. If I hear "Fly Me to the Moon" again I will scream. Anyway it's become quite a joke for us and hopefully it will eject when it is ready.

No comments: