Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday In The Park With George







A beautiful, chilly day following a horrendous night of rain. Everything is pristine and green and smells great! We slept late again and Ziggy and I took a nice walk. She is enjoying this so much - so many places to stroll and smell. I actually made us bacon and eggs for breakfast/lunch and then spent some time outside taking photos of the birds at our feeder.
Jeff, Ziggy, and I took a long walk around the perimeter of the grounds. Most of the guests have left and it is quiet. We stopped at the "Lodge" and had ice cream cones and met up with some of our fellow workampers. What a nice way to spend a leisurely afternoon.
We are not really roughing it here. We have cell phones, a full kitchen with microwave/convection, two TV's with cable, DVR, internet access and a screened porch. The queen size bed is challenging since Ziggy gets in first and she takes up lots of room, but we're managing. We've both got our lap tops and a printer/copier along with a sizable collection of books to read. We've even got our NetFlix movies coming here.
I do love talking with my friends on the phone and e-mail. please keep those calls and notes coming and I'll do my best to stay in touch.




No comments: