Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sue Me






My title today is fom Guys and Dolls and it is fitting because of all the complaints I've heard about my lack of blogging. People wrote that they were tired of seeing the musk ox each day. Well we had poor connections and weren't able to blog, but I am BACK and will fill in all the missed days!

I'm sitting in the passenger seat with my slide out dashboard table and laptop and writing away. We are back in Teslin Lake and have been retracing our steps. This time we are staying at the Dawson Peaks Resort and it is a nice camp with RV spaces, cabins and a small motel on the lake. My main activity today is photographing ladderback woodpeckers. There are a male and female who are systematically pecking holes in a few trees until the sap runs out. They are placing insects in the holes creating quite a stash. Unfortunately for them some squirrels have discovered the hiding place and they are licking up the sap and probably eating the prized bugs too. All makes for good pictures as well as some pretty wildflowers.

Tonight we are going up the road to another campground where another trek is staying. They are being led by our boss, David, and he wants us to make an appearance. While they are just starting out, we are on day 44 of 50. So the end is in sight. Everyone on our trip is busy making plans for the rest of the summer. Jeff and I have camping reservations in Whistler, Vancouver and Seattle. We hope to spend a month making our way home.

No comments: