Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Old Friends (Paul Simon)




Jeff and I are great partners and today we proved how easily we can work things out. We have two activities planned and Jeff refuses to do one and I refuse to do the other. Let's see how to resolve this...

Our daytime activity is a Yukon River cruise aboard the MV Schwatka. I find the trip enjoyable on the small boat that goes through the rapids where we had hiked in the beginning of the trip. We pass under the suspension bridge that we had crossed on foot and explore the wild river that the gold stampeders had to traverse with all their supplies. The big surprise was Jeff and Ziggy were standing on the bridge as we cruised underneath. Jeff took our picture and I took his.

Jeff took the evening shift which is a turn of the century vaudeville revue called Frantic Follies. It is reputed to be the most popular show in the Yukon and Alaska, but I would disagree. I find it Disneylike even though it is produced by Holland America and sitting though it last year was enough for me. The do have nice costumes and a few can-can numbers, but a night alone sounds much more appealing.

No comments: