Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Rhythm of the Rain





I know it looks sunny in the photos, bit it rained today so we had a free day to explore museums and other sights in Whitehorse. Jeff and I visited the Transportation Museum which displays different ways the folks in the Klondike got around including old vehicles, trains, sleds, boats and aircraft. Then we went to the Beringia Center which features geological information about the land bridge between Asia and North America. There are displays of prehistoric animals including my giant beaver "friend" in the photo.
The other photos are Jeff and me practicing our spear throwing in case we ever have to hunt for food. Later we had a delicious dinner at the Klondike Restaurant to give thanks that we don't have to hunt for our food. We had eaten here twice last year and were anxious to try it again. I had the halibut and it was as good as I remembered. They grill the fish and top it with melted brie and a berry sauce. Just like mother used to make. Jeff had ribs and now he is complaining that I don't give him a finger bowl with warm lemon water to wash his hands at each meal. Get over it!

No comments: