Sunday, May 11, 2008

M is for the Many Things She Gave Me...







I don't know if that's the name of the song, but it spells Mother, a word that means the world to me. I am happy today for all my blessings. I woke up to a phone call from Brian. It was 1:00am in Tokyo and so good to hear his voice wishing me a happy day. So sweet of him to remember. Jeff was especially wonderful all day and took me out to a lovely dinner even though we are far from home.

So where in the world are Judy & Jeff? Grande Prairie, Alberta - Wow!

We slept until 10am and slowly got started. Drove northwest from Edmonton and remembered all the fun things we did there last year. It was a few hours drive to Grande Prairie and we passed miles of farms, grazing fields and forests. Lots of signs warning of moose crossing the road, but we didn't see any today
We're staying at the Tamarack Campground just south of the city. We stayed here last year and remembered it being a lovely place. While driving to dinner we passed a huge complex processing logs into lumber. The photos show some of the piles of logs and the school buses showing how high they are piled. Last year we had time to explore the area and we visited a nature center where we saw and photographed a ruddy duck. His photo is on this blog June 2007.
Tomorrow we go to Dawson Creek where we begin our trek.
Happy Mother's Day to all my friends.

No comments: