Sunday, June 12, 2016

Windy

Today is a travel day with eating and sleeping the main activities. I got up early and took a walk at 6:00 am. It was already humid and I came back glistening and feeling good. We left our resort at 9:00 am and drove west to the Azuero Peninsula. I immediately fell asleep and awoke in time to see a little of the town of Santa Clara. We stopped for lunch at a lovely restaurant in Chitre and afterwards I slept again as we drive through the the countryside.

We passed a large wind farm and a solar farm. We are staying overnight in a Mexican style Hacienda motel about halfway to Boquete in Santiago. The rooms are sparse and I am sitting outside in a little alcove area with some chairs near our room. Thinking about a shower before dinner. The skies have opened up here and a steady rain is falling with some thunder.

Dinner in their dining room was good with a terrific margarita. Jeff and I shared a large seafood paella. There were no English channels on the TV so we read and used our iPads.

No comments: