Sunday, June 19, 2016

Two by Two

Today's song is from The Book of Mormon which I listened to twice on the ride to Boquete. Such great music and Jeff and I are two by two traveling on our own now.

Woke up to heavy rain and glad that it was a travel day. We got packed and ready for the boat and shuttle trip leaving at 10:30 for Boquete. The water taxi from Bocas had a cover, but we got wet sitting in the back with the water flying in from the engine. I had my wind breaker over my life vest and Jeff finally put up his umbrella which was very funny to see. It is a half hour ride to the mainland from Isla Colon where Bocas Town is located. Then we boarded the shuttle for the three hour ride to Boquete and I smiled and laughed to Book of Mormon with its very funny lyrics and toe tapping music.

At Boquete is was cloudy and we pulled our travel bags to the Baru cafe where we sat outside and had lunch. I had fish sticks which were strips of fresh sea bass lightly fried with terrific fries. Yum! Then we continued to The Oasis which now feels familiar. Tonight we have a small suite and it is gorgeous with a king bed and large balcony. We even have a rocking recliner with lots of pillows. I sat in the garden for a while looking for birds and enjoying the trees and flowers.

The view from our gardens.
The "locals" bus from Boquete to David.

Decided to go out and walk a bit and catch some supper. We went to the Main Street and turned up the hill to a recommended place. We had never been in this area and saw a beautiful Catholic Church. Then we reached Il Retrogusto. A true find! Very pretty restaurant with dark woods and interest lighting and terrific Italian food. The bread was melt in your mouth with a light oil drizzled on it. Then we had pasta - Jeff had meat ravioli with mushrooms in a brown sauce.  I had eggplant parmigiana, my favorite and first time in Panama. My mouth was happy as it was so delicious. Lots of expats in this place enjoying the food and ambiance.

We walked home and ready for bed.

No comments: