Monday, May 22, 2006

Thank God I'm a Country Boy?



This morning we went to Whitwell to see the Paperclip Project (see photo above). I'm sure that Judy will be filling in a lot of detail, so I'll leave that to her.

This afternoon we took a city tour of Nashville. One of the stops was the Country Music Hall of Fame. Judy and I were looking forward to this about as much as our next dentist visit. Much to our surprise - we LOVED it! There were terrific displays and great examples of older country music and its roots. Included among these were such greats as Ray Charles (a whole special exhibit), Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis, and the Everly Brothers to name just a few. There were also a WHOLE BUNCH of people we had never heard of but whom had obviously been successful. It was great fun.

Tonight we had dinner at a place called Famous Dave's Legendary Pit Bar-B-Que. My hands may not be clean for days, but boy were the ribs good!

Tomorrow it's on to Memphis and Graceland.

No comments: