Saturday, May 20, 2006

Roughing it?

You have to picture this scene. It is an absolutely gorgeous spring evening in the Shenandoah Valley. We are at a beautiful wooded campsite. We have just finished our dinner that was delivered by a local restaurant. (OK - gourmet it wasn't, but we didn't have to cook.)

It is now about 7:00 PM as the sun is getting lower in the sky. And Judy and I are sitting outside at a picnic table - each blogging on our own laptop with a WiFi Internet connection. It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it.

I'm sure that Judy will have lots of details about our first day's adventures, so I'll leave that to her. Ziggy is having some trouble adjusting, but she'll be fine.

But we really are roughing it. We just found out our site doesn't have cable TV. Damn!

BTW - Judy still hasn't driven the RV.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will take good care of Ziggy and she will adjust after a couple of days. Do you have a crate or does Ziggy have the run of the RV? I can't imagine rest stops that don't welcome RV's. You'll just have to get to the midwest where I believe they do.
So sorry you are roughing it without cable TV. I think you will survive.
Now I've heard everything. Dinner delivered to your RV! Did Ziggy get dinner delivered too?

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
I knew that you had to be the one writing this entry, it sounds exactly the way you tell a story!!You two look like you are having a ball!

Judee A.