Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Stormy

Woke up to a beautiful day and decided to take out a kayak. I really enjoy the scenery of the river and the solitude. I was only out a few minutes when it began to drizzle and I hid out under some trees along the riverbank and hoped that a snake wouldn't crawl out of the bushes and into my kayak. Soon it stopped raining and I started out again only to encounter another storm as I neared the bridge. Again I stayed under some trees, but soon I was soaked and decided to head back. Good thing since it began to thunder and lightning and I would have been terrified on the river. I was drenched by the time I got back to the boat launch and then had to ride my bike back to the campsite.

I was dripping wet and got into a hot shower still wearing my clothes. Later I watched TV and had tomato soup. Tonight was our campfire program which we moved inside to our rec hall. Again the kids and adults loved the kazoos and marched around the room to Jingle Bells since our theme this week is Winter Wonderland.

We are safe and warm now and watching reruns of House.

No comments: