Sunday, July 26, 2009

Blog Revenge

So we had all our pictures in Picasa and Judy asked me if I wanted to use any of them for the blog. There was one I wanted to use, but she said she was using it. When I looked through the unused pictures there were none that I felt conveyed any messages I wanted to send. So here is my revenge, Judy. This picture never would have been posted if you had shared!

On to other things. It was terrific to see Brian, but I was sick the whole time. We are a family that shares, and Judy shared her cold with me. I hope I didn't share with Brian, but he was coughing when he left here.

I am OK now - just getting over a cold - but I was really sick a couple of days ago. I missed 2 days of work and was basically flat on my back. It is some kind of throat/upper respiratory bug that has swept through the staff here. I was hit harder than most. I am now 10 days into it. Others say it has about a 14-day cycle, and that jibes with my experience. Anyway I am back, more or less, to normal.

There's still more rain and cool weather. We have hit 80 only 4-5 days all season. When the sun comes out people run to take advantage. About 6 weeks ago our boss asked us if we would mind working yesterday. When we committed we could not have figured on Brian's being here, but it worked out OK.

Judy and I are usually off Friday and Saturday, so this was our first experience working a full Saturday. The weather was nice. The campground was about full, and it was a zoo! I worked all day (and half the night) in the Honey Bear store. We rented more pedal carts than you can imagine. The boats and the gem mine were busy. The tubing was nuts. We sent about 200 people floating down the river. The lines for the wagon ride at night just kept getting longer and longer. And people were having a great time. They didn't stop playing volleyball, shuffleboard, and horseshoes until it was too dark to see.

We are still really enjoying our experience here. The guests are great, and the jobs are (for the most part) interesting. As I have often said, "It's a tough job, but somebody has to do it."

We got exciting news Friday. The minimum wage rose to $7.25/hour. Now I can afford that new Ferrari I've been eying!

No comments: