Saturday, July 04, 2009

Attack of the Bombers



Today was our big 4th of July picnic. Judy and I volunteered to work on our day off. It was wonderful!

It was what you might remember (or wish you remembered) from your childhood. Egg and spoon races, water balloon toss, tug of war, sack races, and, of course, a big barbecue. We had a ball.

One of my jobs was to guard the water balloons between water balloon toss contests. This is no small task as there were maybe 50 kids trying to grab water balloons from our supply. I protected our stash with a squirt gun. This proved to be an effective method until the contest was over. Then those 50 kids grabbed the remaining water balloons and you can guess who they threw them at. Luckily it was a pretty warm day, and I dried out in a while. See the pictures above. I have a long history of losing water fights here. And the kids eat it up.

1 comment:

John said...

Wow...
Very unique blog.
Fantastic pictures.

I like your blog.

Please visit:
http://global-solution.blogspot.com

Keep blogging.
Have a great day.