Monday, June 15, 2009

You and Me and the Rain on the Roof










Woke up to another sunny day and Ziggy and I took a nice walk in the woods. Then I rode my bike to get the mail and newspaper and stopped at our sandy beach. I saw this interesting turtle in the shallow water. He has a very long tail and a bumpy shell.



Since it was so beautiful we decided to take a ride to the summit of Prospect Mountain. You reach this 2030' peak by going into Lake George and following the Veterans Memorial Parkway which winds up the mountain. There are lookout areas and trails to hike up there and a shuttle bus takes you to the very top. We saw this cute chipmunk there and this is the first one that stood still long enough for me to take a photo. The ones at the campground never stay in one place more than a second.



Of course the weather turned nasty and we could hear thunder and see lightning about a mile away. Decided the top of a mountain is not the best place to be in a thunderstorm so I shot this neat picture of the distant rain and we descended.

No comments: