Monday, January 23, 2017

School Days

School days, school days, dear old golden rule days...

Today we started Spanish school. Another gorgeous day and I slept until 9 and then took my time showering and getting ready. We left at 11:00 and had lunch at Sugar & Spice.

This is a great place with nice tables inside and out. You place your order at the counter and they bring it to your table. Help yourself to water with or without lemon slices. The gal at the counter spoke perfect English and the menu was in Spanish and English so this is geared to the ex-pats and tourists. I had really good, thick cream of mushroom soup and a delicious piece of quiche. Jeff had a BLT on a good looking roll. We sat and enjoyed their wi-fi and then walked two blocks to our school Habla Ya.


The student lounge is on the second floor with couches and tables and wi-fi. Our profesors came in and called us to the classrooms.Jeff went with one group and I was assigned to another. We had six people in my class and turns out it was a third week class and I was totally lost. I was able to understand some things and used the translate on my phone to find words I didn't know. At the end I asked to be put in the second week class where I will be more comfortable. Looking forward to tomorrow. I have never studied Spanish, but have been working online and it is paying off.

The school offers trips and dinners so we signed up for a coffee farm on Thursday morning and a student dinner also on Thursday. Across the way from the office is a tour company so we signed up for a hike this Wednesday morning. It is just under three miles and the people on the tour today saw a quetzel. Fingers crossed!

No comments: