Thursday, January 19, 2017

Let's All Sing Like the Birdies SIng

This will be my bird (and animal) blog. I'll post the photos and add the identifications as I confirm from my bird book. Brian, thank you for my Chanukah gift of a Birds of Panama book. Jeff, my sweetie, bought me the same book just before we left as well as one for Costa Rica - I am a lucky gal.

First bird seen. Probably a Great-tailed Grackle or Giant Cowbird.

  
Immature Tiny Hawk? Heard he has been eating the stray cats near our condo.

Egret sitting in our tree.

Tropical Kingbird



Boat Billed Flycatcher



House Wren

Rufous-collared Sparrow











Tropical Mockingbird
Pale Vented Pigeon




Clay Colored Thrush?





Tropical Kingbird





Black and Yellow Tanager?


Palm Tanager

Blue Gray Tanager









Black and Yellow Tanager








Male and Female Tanagers





Flame-Colored Tanager (Male)


Flame-colored Tanager (Female)


Green Violet-ear Hummingbird






Magnificent Hummingbird (Male)







Collared Redstart


Collared Trogon (Female)





Olive-sided Flycatcher

Blue-headed Parrot

Spectacled Owl

Hawk/Kestrel/Harrier

















Glass Wing Butterfly



No comments: