Thursday, August 27, 2009

Splish, Splash, I was Taking a Bath



Our time here is almost over and the weather is changing quickly. Many activities have to end early as it gets dark before 8 pm. This morning it is only 61 degrees and we've had our heat on for days. I'm already missing the hot days that we had between the rain and cold where I could kayak and watch the mosquitos skim the water making geometric designs. Now I see dead frogs squashed on the roads and the trees have large spun webs which contain some type of insects or caterpillars. They look perfect for Halloween decorations. My baby ducks are all grown now and seven of them visited me at boats yesterday and played and splashed at the water's edge.

Some summer fun last week as our water activity was the bubble machine. In the top photo the kids take the suds and get it everywhere. We had to hose them down afterwards. The bottom photo was our last campfire and a great group who sang along and marched while playing their kazoos. One man set up a computerized telescope in the middle of the sports field and let us see four moons of Jupiter and craters on the moon. Thank you!

This morning I have to set up the bounce house and then rent the pedal carts. There aren't many guests here and it is quiet. I'm actually looking forward to the weekend and more action.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: