Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Rain in Spain...

Another day of pouring rain and only 57 degrees this morning. I'm still in my flannel pajamas and my only plans are watching a movie with a bowl of popcorn on my lap. Jeff and I subscribe to Netflix and they've been sending our requests here all summer. Who says camping is roughing it!

Yesterday we took a ride to Warrensburg, which is two minutes away, and visited the Friday Farmer's Market. We purchased some beautiful produce and baked goods along with spices and homemade peanut butter. Afterwards we drove to the end of the Schroon River where it flows into the Hudson River. We always joke with the tubers and boat renters about not going downstream of the campground as there is a four foot dam and then you'll be in the Hudson on your way to NYC. Well we saw the dam with a 30' drop and you really wouldn't want to attempt it. Pretty countryside for driving around, but I wouldn't want to be here in the snowy winter.

No comments: