Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Impossible Dream

Just heard this song in a very modern version on the radio. Good memories of the show last weekend. Another work day starting at7:30 with breakfast. Today they had real cottage cheese in individual plastic tubs. 5% fat and boy was it good!

A slow work day as lots of units were out of work. Jeff was hanging around for a while with nothing to do and finally got an assignment. I keep cleaning and have always found some equipment in our unit to clean. I have my toothbrush, big brush, screwdriver, spongy pads, and pads with steel mesh inside. Also use soapy water and lens cleaner to remove labels. A silicone paste is used at the end to coat and shine. Bad news is everything has a habit of disappearing. People walk by and take anything they may need. They are really good at it and you never notice until you need to use something. Over time I have learned to "borrow back" whatever I need.

Jeff working with some cables and raising the flag.



Jeff came over to sit with me and noticed my sponge pads. He said, "Those are the pads from inside the radio helmet. Sure enough, most of them have holes in them and I had wondered why! Very thrifty!


Lunch was a picnic today with hot dogs and big delicious rolls. There was mustard and sauerkraut today. I had a veggie patty on the roll with tehina and cucumbers. A big, ripe orange for dessert. Later in the afternoon Jeff and I got ice cream from the shechem and sat outside to enjoy it. Everyone left a little early to conserve the work for tomorrow.

No comments: