Sunday, March 23, 2014

It's The Little Things You Do Together

Great song and so true for Jeff and me. Another magnificent day in the Galilee. We stayed alone last night and rested. I watched the second half of Beverly Hills cop as we have over a hundred channels plus HBO on TV here as well as excellent internet. We are so spoiled and now have to go back to the base where we have the basics only. At the base there is a TV in the room where we meet at night and we usually watch news. Good news I have time to play Candy Crush and now up to level 142!

Our host insisted on driving us to our meeting spot which was so kind. He explained that the gunfire I heard the night before was not from Lebanon, but the neighboring village. It had been a wedding and part of the celebration is firing guns into the air. Wonder where the bullets land? We drove through the Arab village and saw a statue honoring resistance fighters. The figure is hoisting a Palestinian flag. A little troubling to me.


We got to our meeting place on time and met a few other members of our group. Then we sat and sat as plans were delayed and we did not get back to the base until after 12:30. They did hold lunch for us and then I was able to exchange my uniform for a clean one. We worked all afternoon and then had dinner and our evening activity.

No comments: