Sunday, March 29, 2020

I'm Okay

Saturday morning Jeff decided he better go to the ER about his arm. Luckily the X-ray showed no break. They gave him a sling for comfort, some exercises to strengthen the deep muscle injury, and advised to take Tylenol. We were more worried about his being in the ER. Luckily there are no Corona virus cases there. Those unfortunate folks have to make an appointment to be seen and go to another hospital for testing.

The day got very hot - 90 degrees in March! I walked with Sirius and then headed over to the nature trail by 11:00 before it was stifling. So many fallen trees left from Hurricane Matthew. I love the lichen growing on them.


I popped over to Walmart to buy some plants and bird seed and a few grocery items. I wore my latex gloves and my hands were soaking wet when I got back to the car. Those gloves are not meant for hot weather. We spent the rest of the day reading and watched TV in the evening. Our friends Judy & Sam came over to visit in their golf cart. We took chairs out in the driveway and they stayed in the cart so we were far apart. It is great to see your friends, but no hugs.

Today is Sunday, another scorcher with sunny skies. Sirius and I walked near the softball field and saw a few other walkers. I took him home and then headed out for my walk and some exercise. I chose to do my neighborhood and all the way out to the entrance gate that we use. Almost three miles which is good for me.

Spent the afternoon talking to friends and relatives on the phone and starting a new book. A nice nap in the afternoon felt great. After dinner we took a ride in the golf cart and Sirius got take a short walk to "do" his business.

No comments: