Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Eight Days a Week

Ninth Day and still going strong. Just seems like the week was endless and I have to make a mark on my calendar to know the day and date.

Yesterday was not memorable with regular walks and phone calls. We did have an uninvited visitor in our backyard. I believe this is a male who has come a courtin' our female gator. She is a bit smaller and has been swimming around more than usual.

At the edge of our yard.


A close up of the big guy.


Later in the day I passed the eagle nest while the parents were out hunting. The babies are large now, but won't develop the white head and tail for another year or so. They can fly into the branches, Have not seen them outside the nest area.


It rained overnight and is nice and sunny now. Sirius and I walked at Hidden Cypress and saw the momma alligator with a few babies lying below the boardwalk. I am convinced she  know that birds will not come there to steal her babies because of the gawking people.



Jeff just ventured out to Publix in search of rye bread and a few groceries.

No comments: