Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Am A Woman






Today I am a Woman. Friday night I finally celebrated my Bat Mitzvah. One more thing to check off on my "bucket list" and many more to go. Top photo shows me with the wonderful Moreh Rav Bob, my teacher, rabbi and dear friend. I shared the occasion with eight other women and it was a very special night after a year of studying. Brian flew in from Tokyo to be with us and Carol came in and let me wear her new tallit which is beautiful.

Next morning I played with the "Mountain Strings" at the Sun City Club Fair. That's me on the far right in the white blouse. A goal of retirement was to play the piano and violin again and I am doing it. Our group is mostly dulcimers with a few "fiddles" and other string instruments. I've only played three times now, but getting back into the swing of things and having lots of fun.

Bottom photo is Brian and Jeff at 5 am on the way to the airport.

No comments: