Monday, June 11, 2007

We're Moving On Up...





Well we have moved. Jeff and I have lived in the same area all our lives and in our home on Hudson Drive for 29 years. But now we live in Bluffton, South Carolina and everything is new to us. We finished packing right after we returned from Japan and the van took our stuff away the next Monday. On Friday we received our stuff at the new house and started unpacking. There is so much to do and there is a steady stream of workmen and landscapers in and out of the house. Our car knows the way to Lowe's by itself as there is always something else we need.

After a few days we return to Yardley and spend a pleasant few days saying goodbye to everyone and everything we know. We had Broadway tickets with a small group to see Mary Poppins and we just loved the show. We celebrated Jeff's 60th birthday with a small dinner party with our closest friends and it was a good chance to say farewell. My Mah Jongg group had a goodbye dinner for me and I am sad to leave those gals who I enjoyed seeing every Thursday night.

Jeff and Ziggy left in the RV on Tuesday and I hung around until the weekend so I could attend my nephew Jon Liff's graduation from the University of Delaware. I enjoyed spending a few days with my sister Carol, Jon, his sister Sharon, and brother Larry and his friend Laura.

I woke up at 5am and drove all day Sunday arriving in Sun City around 5pm. I was so excited to be at the new house and finally get settled. More work and unpacking and finally we got everything put away and all our pictures hung. It actually looks wonderful! Later that week our friends Jan & Harvey came down and became our first house guests. We also attended a block party for our street and met many of our new neighbors.

Now that we are settled, we are leaving again for our summer trek. It sounds a little crazy, but the Alaska trip is a dream come true and the house will be there when we return in the end of August. So we pack up the RV which we decided to call Harvey, the RV, and we set off on Saturday morning for our Alaskan adventure.

No comments: