Thursday, February 01, 2018

Cupid Shuffle

I did not do line dancing today, but can hear the music from my balcony and wish I had been there. I did do water aerobics and feeling so good about myself. Day three of vacation and it is an eating fest with bouts of sun and sand and water. Such a pretty place and delightful weather. Was supposed to rain today, but instead it is sunny and breezy.

We got up a little earlier and went to the main lobby for breakfast. Lots of costumes and items that belonged to musicians are on display. This Lincoln was owned by Madonna and had metallic tiles covering it.


Visited with a vacation planner and booked a few trips and massages. Made appointments to get our manicures and pedicures. We will be looking good when we get home with our new tans. We sat for a while at the main pool which is noisy with a DJ and emcee. I wanted to do water aerobics at noon and I really enjoyed myself. Two young guys led the class and gave a moderate workout. I did see this Greater Antillean Grackle.


The some folks came around with a monkey and two parrots for photos.





We had lunch at Toro, a beef restaurant. Bull statues were hanging upside down from the ceiling. For lunch there is a large buffet. I never made it past the salad bar area which included couscous and guacamole. Jeff got to the hot foods section and enjoyed thin grilled pork chops. We will go back for dinner as they assured me they have salmon on their menu in addition to lots of beef.

We spent the rest of the afternoon on the beach which was pretty windy. They have a few vendors that come around selling hats, sunglasses and jewelry. I found them interesting. The sunglasses were mounted on a boogie board.





We read and slept and now back at our room relaxing some more. I saw a new, yellow bird that I think is called a Village Weaver. They construct intricate nests that are truly beautiful in the pictures I saw. The woodpeckers are very busy playing in the trees near our balcony. I saw four of them on the tree trunks.


Dinner tonight is at the Italian restaurant in the main building. Fair food in a pretty atmosphere. Interesting conversation with two gals at the next table who are travel agents. Afterwards we took the tram around the grounds to get some fresh air and enjoy the moonlight.

No comments: