Friday, January 15, 2016

Here Comes the Sun

Friday and perfect weather for the beach. Sunny and mid 80,s and no wind. We jumped out of bed at 8 am and walked to the beach area reserved for "Elite" guests. Cushioned chaises under metal frames are set out with cloth flaps to keep out sun and wind. We can relax comfortably and look at the ocean. After arranging our towels we went inside for breakfast. I get a sunny side up egg or two at the omelet station and today had refried beans. Fixed a nice cup of tea and took it to the beach.



We spent a few hours reading, listening to a podcast and walking in the water. It was a bit cold for me, but refreshing. I did get to drink two of my favorite chocolate monkey drinks which are made with a banana.The sun was hot and before noon we went up to a shaded table at a snack bar between the beach and pool area. Jeff had wings and I had nachos. I am loving the guacamole.

Now we are back at our room. We have a great shower with a rain shower head. Jeff is napping and I am sitting on our terrace reading and enjoying a cold Diet Coke.

About 4:30 I took a long walk along the beach and stopped to do some shopping in the main lobby. I track my steps each day with my Fitbit. I have been over 10,000 each day on this vacation.

About 6:30 we headed over to the Brazilian Steakhouse in the pouring rain. Luckily they have covered walkways so you can get almost anywhere on the property without getting wet. Tonight they served me a grilled sea bass along with the chicken. Jeff only had the Brazilian Steak and they brought it several times and served it rare. For dessert I enjoyed the chocolate soufflé with vanilla ice cream. Really delicious.

Back at the room I spoke to Brian over wifi. He is enjoying his trip and now in Canyon de Chelly in northern Arizona. From there he'll head to the Grand Canyon and then to Las Vegas.

Life is good.

No comments: