Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Memories





This is the Dragon Wagon. The ride goes out every morning at 9:30 and each evening at 7:00. Jeff and I hosted the wagon on Monday and Tuesday and it was always lots of fun. We had three mascots dressed in furry costumes. Splash, the dolphin, Tubby, the turtle, and Magic, the dragon. Tubby is afraid of spiders and we always sang Itsy, Bitsy Spider to torment him.
It is very hot inside the costumes and several young adults usually wore them. We did have some camper adults who helped out and one night I was Splash, the dolphin. The costume was fun and there was lots of screening in the head piece to look out and get air. Halfway through the ride my right eye started to tear and then my left eye. I could not stop crying and began to get choked up and couldn't breathe. It was terrible and I was blinded by the tears. I just kept thinking it will be over soon. Finally the ride finished and then I had to hug all the kids and pose for photos. OMG - it was quite a disaster for me and I never again volunteered to wear a costume. But, it was fun being in the dolphin suit and adored by all the kids.


No comments: