Sunday, December 06, 2020

I Love a Parade

 On Monday, Nov 23 we went to a birthday parade. One of our friends, Kay, was celebrating and this is how we do it with social distancing. Friends line up in their golf carts or cars and drive slowly past the house. The birthday gal sits in her driveway on a decorated lawn chair and we all honk and wave and can drop cards into a large bag safely distanced in the driveway. It is a lot of fun.

I am continuing with my conversational Hebrew and enjoying  plant based food cooked and delivered by a local woman. I ordered her delicious vegan meatloaf for my Thanksgiving dinner. On Thanksgiving Jeff enjoyed a turkey breast which he prepared beautifully. It was a little sad as we were alone, but thankfully healthy. It is encouraging that an end is in sight and I mean the vaccine.

The night before Thanksgiving Jeff threw out his back. He was in excruciating pain and I had to get him seated in an office chair and then roll him from the kitchen to the entrance of the bedroom. On Friday he got an appointment with the spine doctor. He will ice his back and suffer until next week when he can get a shot in his spine. He had this about three years ago and it worked wonderfully.

A couple of days of rain and some cold weather. Not bad staying inside. The COVID is really bad now and we are advised not to go to the grocery or anywhere else. I am busy with ZOOM meetings and getting ready to assume the presidency of my Hadassah Chapter. Also involved with planning a few events so this keeps me busy and my mind whirring.

On Wednesday I went to get my teeth cleaned. I hate going inside, but figure keeping my teeth and me healthy is very important and the offices are so careful. Thursday morning I took Jeff back to the spine doctor to get his shot which is done under X-ray. He walked out and declared no pain. I am so happy for him. Friday I gave a beginner genealogy lesson to a friend. I have been spending lots of time on my family trees and I do love it.

Saturday was a beautiful day and we took a drive in the country. We headed to the Webb Nature Center, but it was closed for a hunt. I should have checked before we drove 45 minutes. Well it was a nice drive and good to see beautiful trees and sunshine.

This morning I  guided a nature tour on the back nine of the Hidden Cypress Golf Course. It was cold driving over in the golf cart before 8:00 am. It did warm up a little, but I had on long underwear, a puffy winter coat and scarf to keep me warm. I saw this Red Shouldered Hawk in a tree behind the house before I left.

Then I saw the Bald Eagle posing on my way to the golf course.


Here are some photos from this past week and the nature tour.


Kildeer


Anhinga


Momma gator and large babies



Downy Woodpecker


Cute Carolina Wren


Male Cardinal


Baltimore Oriole


House Finch




Black Bellied Whistling Ducks



No comments: