Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Skybird

This is all about birds. The title is a song by Neil Diamond. A regular Monday with an OLLI class in the morning and Hebrew lesson in the late afternoon. In between Sirius and I walk and enjoy the beautiful weather. So many birds are coming to our backyard feeders.

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Female Cardinal

Downy Woodpecker

Black Capped Chickadee


 

Pine Warbler


Red-bellied Woodpecker


Pine Warbler


Yellow Rumped Warbler


Pine Warbler


Brown Thrasher


Tuesday was a busy day as I led a Nature Tour in the early morning and Sirius went to Sandy Paws for a bath and grooming. It was the coldest day we have had this season with weather in the low 40's. I mistakenly chose not to wear a winter coat and gloves. So I froze in my heavy sweatshirt and jeans while I drove the golf cart to the Okatie Golf Course. I arrived at 7:00 and had a fun time on the front nine holes of the course. We got close to many birds who were anxious to pose for photos. It did warm up a little and turned out to be a pleasant day.

Great White Egret

Cormorants in a tree

Little Blue Herons


Two Nuthatches in a tree

Wood Stork posing

Great Blue Heron

Fox Squirrel

Leaving after the tour I saw this Anhinga sitting on a bench. Funny!

Great Blue Heron

Juvenile Little Blue Heron

Driving home I saw these Pied Billed Grebes swimming in a large lagoon. They are the smallest ducks and so cute. They dive completely under the water to fish and then pop up and swim again.



A special treat were this pair of Ring Necked Ducks. I took a zillion photos and find them gorgeous. Notice the tri-colored  beak and bright yellow eyes. They also dive under the water to fish.

And almost home I saw one of our resident eagles in a tree near the nest.

Today was cold again, but sunny and clear. I had a class in the morning and then we had a picnic lunch at Lake Somerset with Jan and Harvey. Spent the rest of the day admiring our new toaster oven and hanging out.

No comments: