Sunday, July 14, 2019

Hatikvah

I am in New York City for the Hadassah National Convention. What an amazing city and so much has changed since we moved to the south. Left early Sunday morning and flew Jet Blue to JFK airport. There are five of us from my chapter on the flight.

Arrived at the Sheraton on 7th Avenue at 53rd Street. Rooming with Joan and nice room with large windows looking downtown. Lots of Hadassah ladies milling around the lobby and weather is hot and sunny. We went across the street to eat lunch at a small deli with exorbitant prices. Oh, welcome to The Big Apple.

Best thing is the bellman has free bottles of water so we can stay hydrated. We sat in the lobby and chatted and then I showered to get ready for the evening. I walked to West 42nd Street to meet my cousins Meryl and Rich for dinner. Since it is Bastille Day they chose a French bistro, Chez Josephine named for Josephine Baker. Cute, tiny place with a grand piano. The pianist was playing great tunes and food and decor were so nice and delicious.


We all walked to the theatre on 41st Street. We saw Pretty Woman which was totally faithful to the movie. Amazing show which I enjoyed so much. Talented cast with great voices.



Afterwards we walked back to the hotel. I showered and had a good nights sleep.


No comments: