Thursday, November 28, 2013

Hanukkah Oh Hanukkah

Come light the menorah....
We are in Boston and it is cold, brrrr! Staying with my sister Carol while Brian is lodging at cousin Jon's along with Laura and Larry. Have only ventured outside once to go to dinner on Tuesday night. Good Italian food is worth braving the weather.

Yesterday was the first Hanukkah candle and we spent the day quietly reading and doing laundry. Sharon and baby Brielle are still in the hospital and we will see them today. So nearing dinner time we arranged the menorah, presents and started the latkes. I declared myself the latke queen and shooed everyone out of the kitchen while I did my magic with the potatoes.


Voila! Five pounds of potatoes fried to perfection.


Now to feed the hungry masses.


With everyone seated Carol and Jon lit the menorah.


Now to eat and then exchange presents. A perfect family holiday.




No comments: