Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy, I Got Love in my Tummy



Went to Manchester, NH, to explore today. It's almost a two hour ride from the campground and we were hungry for lunch. Luckily we got a great tip to  visit the Red Arrow Diner which turns out to be a famous place. It is tiny with about 20 stools at the counter and five tables in the front. The menu has a great variety of choices with many specialties. Turns out that Guy Fieri visited and showcased their American Chop Suey. I happened to sit in the same seat as Guy. The waitresses were sassy and fun and the gal seated next to me was helpful in filling us in on the history. I ended up with breakfast - fabulous cheese topped hash browns with eggs and toast. Jeff went for his usual turkey club and a local diet root beer. Pictures on the wall showed celebrity visitors and politicians including the Clintons, Barack Obama, Paul Newman and Adam Sandler. When we were done eating the waitress rang a bell and announced to everyone that we had two "virgins" from South Carolina visiting and slapped stickers on our chests. It reads, "I've been de-virginized at the Red Arrow Diner."

No comments: