Thursday, May 09, 2013

Tonight, Tonight

Tonight was very special as a short play I wrote was presented to an audience at the May monthly meeting of the Sun City Theatre Club. Each month we have a short show which can be part of a larger script or a reading or improv. It gives an opportunity for new and experienced actors and directors to do a small piece. Tonight three new playwrights were given a chance to have their works presented on stage.
Cha Cha Cha is a 10 - minute comedy that I wrote in a playwriting workshop last year. it is based on my parents and the ballroom dance lessons they took in our basement rec room when I was a young girl. It was very exciting to see my words brought to life by talented actors and the interpretation of a director along with sound and lighting.
The evening was a great success and we got a few laughs and a lot of nice comments. I hope to keep revising this play and maybe attempt another.
Above is the cast: Lynda as Ida; Jim as Walter; Ruelaine as Miss Annette.

No comments: