Wednesday, July 12, 2006

There's No Place Like Home

However humble - there's no place like home. Dorothy had to click her ruby slippers, but we had our faithful Popeye to take us back to our favorite place. After a few minutes it was like we'd never been away. Everything was so green - it had been raining daily since we left and my plants looked so healthy even if they are covered in cobwebs.

We entered the house with only our basic necessities and turned on some lights and the computers. We had no internet connection so we went to sleep with dreams of e-mail and blogging in the morning. Ziggy seemed so happy to be sleeping in her "big" bed. I wonder if she ever thought (does she think?) we'd be back here.

We had a wonderful time on the road and there are so many memories and pictures in my head as well as the 2000+ photos in our files. We are so lucky to have the time to make such a journey and I hope we can plan another for the future. I spent most of today unloading the RV and sorting mail. Tomorrow will be laundry and cleaning and soon everything will be back to as normal as it gets around here. Thursday night is Mah Jongg and that is a big part of my regular routine and I'm looking forward to the game.

So life goes on. I thank everyone who cared to share our experiences on the road this summer with this blog. All your e-mails, comments and calls made us feel very connected. I hope we can do it again. My most special gratitude to my traveling companions Jeff and Ziggy who made every day an adventure for this stranger in paradise.

1 comment:

Allan Salkin said...

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful journey with all of us via your blog. And thanks for spending the three days with us in San Diego. (BTW, the temp. at the Wild Animal Park today was 97; we were there!)

Again, see you in August.

Allan & Marty