Thursday, July 30, 2015

Revolution

It is Thursday and time to head home. Woke up to a sunny day and not too hot at 8:00 am. I decided to take a walk and headed down Main Street to the falls. Tried a few side streets and admired the beautiful gardens and floral arrangements. I recently got a FitBit and tracking my steps. I also use Map My Walk on my iPhone. Anyway I am walking more and did over two miles this morning. Came back, showered, had some tea and packed. We left and vowed to return as there is so much more to see and enjoy in this interesting town.

Driving home we passed through Columbia, the state capital. I have been anxious to visit the art museum which has an Andy Warhol exhibition. Jeff was not interested so I parked him in a shady spot and walked a few blocks to the museum. Really enjoyed the artwork and commentary. The exhibit was small, but definitely worth the stop.



We continued on towards home and arrived safely. I had time to unpack my bag and water the parched plants before heading out to a rehearsal for the 2015 Follies.

Song title today from the Beatles in honor of Andy Warhol's paintings of Chairman Mao.

No comments: