Sunday, September 27, 2020

What a Day for a Day Dream...

Tonight is Kol Nidre, the night beginning the holiday of Yom Kippur, the holiest day of the Jewish year. On Rosh HaShanah the book of life is opened and on Yom Kippur it is sealed with your fate for the coming year. It is a time to ask forgiveness of those you may have hurt or offended.

When I wrote last we had a wonderful road trip. That night I was on a ZOOM with Hadassah and guest Senator Tim Kaine of Virginia. What a thoughtful, lovely man he is and I so enjoyed hearing him speaking informally. Wish he had been our vice president.


On Thursday I had Hebrew review session and the last time with our morah Or Adi. She is a shelicha and returning to Israel. I learned so much and found her to be an interesting teacher and person. Next I attended the Hadassah Savannah Installation of Officers on ZOOM. My friend and rebbitzen April Haas was installed with a co-president. Then I rushed off to ZOOM my weekly class on Afro American Studies. It is crazy to be so busy and never leave the house.

Friday morning Jeff and I took a Computer Club course on Google Photos. Then we dropped Sirius off at his salon to be groomed. We headed to the supermarket to shop and get flu shots. Then we unpacked the groceries at home and I went back to get Sirius. Another busy day. At night we finished watching the TV series "Dexter." Eight seasons - we liked it and kept us occupied.

Saturday was a lazy day and I decided to return to walking on the Nature Trail. Wearing a mask it seemed safe, although only half of the walkers were masked. 

We went to Lynn & Neal's porch for dinner after picking up pizzas. It is so wonderful to actually see people and have a decent conversation though our masks. They have a large, screened porch and we socially distance.

Today I slept really late and then spent a few hours doing genealogy. I returned to the Nature Trail to walk and got to see a few deer standing near the boardwalk.




As I was watching the deer it started to drizzle and I hurried back to my car.

Now we are going to have dinner and Jeff and I will go to Kol Nidre Services on our computer. Not the same as in person, but a good alternative while staying safe.


No comments: