Sunday, May 31, 2020

I Walk the Line

Well, more time has flown by. Since I last wrote I continue to walk with and without Sirius. It is getting hotter and usually in the 80's now. The smells are so intoxicating as honeysuckle, jasmine, magnolia trees and gardenias are in bloom. You actually feel drunk as the aromas mingle in the air.

I did an exciting thing on the 67th day of quarantine and got my hair done. What a relief and I was completely masked and covered as was my hairdresser. other than that we only venture out to walk or do grocery shopping. I did drive to the beach one day and took a walk in the sand. I go to a little known beach with few tourists. There are no waves or swimmers and lots of shore birds.

Memorial Day weekend came and went. Our community opened the pools and athletic venues and gyms. You need a reservation and there are limits to how many people can enter. I am not ready to take the plunge yet. Inside with air conditioning feels safer. I do have my cleaning gal come in every other week. We stay on the porch while she is here and it seems comfortable and safe.

I continue to take classes on ZOOM and we played online games with friends and Brian  Rori with her parents. Still watching lots of TV and working many hours on genealogy.

Today is Sunday, May 31. This past week has been horrible with the senseless murder of George Floyd and our country coming apart by its seams. I am having trouble coming to terms with the hatred that has been unleashed or at least acceptable to act out in public. I can't understand the hatred and I condemn it. Watching the TV coverage is sobering and sad. The looters and people taking advantage of this horrific situation are just as bad as the murdering cops. I pray that the next weeks see things calm down and we get back to worrying about people dying every day from this terrible pandemic.

So ends day 76 and I'll share some bird photos from our backyard.

Pine Warbler with a mouthful of meal worms.

Blue Jay - an infrequent visitor to our yard.


Juvenile Eastern Bluebird. Our babies have fledged and this could be one of them.

Not a bird, a butterfly outside our bedroom window.

Pileated Woodpeckers keep trying to eat at our feeders, but they are too large. These photos are taken through the screen.




No comments: